My concert ministry is a piano-based worship concert, led by me from the piano of your church. A given concert includes these main elements:
- Piano music - concert-level piano arrangements of hymn classics, inspirational favorites, Christian standards and contemporary praise.
- Congregational participation - the congregation is involved throughout. This includes requests and sing-a-long.The congregation never feels like it is attending a one-dimensional concert, and time passes quickly.
- Conversational manner - I have an informal, conversational stage manner, and generally enjoy a warm rapport with the audience. Through the use of congeniality, encouragement, a little humor and serendipity, the congregation is "disarmed" of a "recital" mindset an "armed" with the possibility of spiritual renewal.
- Creative vocals - My concerts generally conclude with a presentation of a unique vocal drama called "Blind Bart." This is a highly engaging music presentation which uses a variety of theatrical musical styles along with storytelling lyrics to convey the Biblical story of Bartimeus, a blind man healed by Jesus. This is an original creative work of mine which has been well received. It is a strong concert closer, because it brings the story of Bartimeaus back to the present day and invites the listener to consider his or her own spiritual blindness.
- At the option of the church, as the concert closes there can be an opportunity for personal spiritual decision amidst the congregation. This time may be led by me or by the Pastor.
- Concerts may also take on a nature or format to meet the particular needs or requests from the Pastor or Music Minister. We can discuss these at will.